Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Return to cheboksaryrussia.net

Advanced
Flights from Moscow to Cheboksary
June 14, 2009 08:45AM
We flew into Sheremetyevo International Airport (SVO), Moscow on the weekend and there were no domestic flights to Cheboksary on a Saturdays. Our solution was to take a UTair flight from Vnukovo International Airport (VKO) to Nizhny Novgorod. From there we were able to take a GAZelle to Cheboksary.
Re: Flights from Moscow to Cheboksary
June 14, 2009 12:18PM
Do you know when there is a flight from Moscow to Cheboksary, on what airline, and how much it usually is?
June 14, 2009 04:31PM
diablogun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you know when there is a flight from Moscow to
> Cheboksary, on what airline, and how much it
> usually is?

We had a relative obtain tickets at a special tariff (discount) before we arrived so we only paid 1600 RUB per ticket. On the return trip we took a two bed compartment on the overnight Chuvashia train for the same price instead. Here is the UTair schedule:

UTair Timetable
December 21, 2009 11:25AM
I'm looking into flying into cheboksary from moscow in April 2010, I find possibly 3 airlines that offer flights, when i go to the websites they are in russian and i don't read russian, google translate only translates about 70% of the text

What airlines offer daily flights if any??? Is there a travel agency that could help me
December 22, 2009 04:47PM
Howdy Jeepers !
Look back on my other post question/comments, Oksana has helpful information. I end up taking the train but had help getting there. A private coach car is really fun and very reasonable but you may need to book this in advance. The good part of this it will drop you off in down town Ceboksary and everything is right there, it's an over night ride and you'll arrive early morning with plenty of time to find your way. Whatever way you decide, print your hotel name and address in Russian and just hand this to a cab driver, (don't worry about finding one they find you) it's the same as everywhere- they have 2 prices and you'll pay the higher one until you figure it out,, but it's still very reasonable. Also, change some money at the US airport but only enough to get by, there are mac machines (money points) everywhere with a much better rate. (and in english) always try to pay with a card when possible, unless you have a friend to help.
I don't think many people look in here but it was helpful for me the first time. Cheboksary is very cool city, good luck i hope you make it..!
December 27, 2009 12:57AM
If you are looking for a reliable travel agency try Russia Revealed http://www.russiarevealed.co.uk/booking.html, they are located in Brighton, England. They will sort it all out for you and speak English. As for getting to Cheboksary in April, getting a visa to go to Russia is by far the biggest hassle. Once you are there Russia has very good communications infrastructure. You can take a long distance bus from Moscow Central Bus Terminus, which is not very central as its at the Shcholkovskaya metro station at the northern end of the dark blue number 3 line. This is very cheap, not as bad as it sounds and takes about 12+ hours, with regular comfort stops. You must pay a few roubles extra to stow your bag in the trunk as there is no room for it at your seat. You can take the overnight express from the Moscow Kazan station, You can travel cheap (4 berth coupé) or comfortable (2 berth SV sleeping car) - needs to be booked in advance. Or you can fly from Vnukovo airport late evening. You arrive in pitch darkness. It returns to Moscow in the early morning. There is one flight a day (most days - but not every day.) - The train is the preferred option. Its hassle free. You get on, make life long friends with strangers, who offer you their food, you get drunk together and get off. What's not to like.
January 19, 2010 08:34PM
The link I previously provided above is for the UTair site which is in English.
January 23, 2010 11:18AM
Yeah, but it's 3 years out of date y8tiger! Is there one for 2010, I couldn't find it just now. smileys with beer
January 24, 2010 01:24PM
hello,

try [www.s7.ru]
it is s7 airlines, their web-site is user friendly and it is in English.
they do have some tickets
Also, you can fly to Nizhnii Novgorod or Kazan, both of which are about 3 hours away from Cheboksary.
let me know, if that helped
January 25, 2010 03:57PM
I should have posted this from the beginning, here is the link to the UTair English Homepage:

UTair

Unfortunately, it seems you must Email or Call to get the Schedule now in English, unless you go through the Russian Homepage. Good news is they still have flights from Moscow Vnukovo International Airport (VKO) to Cheboksary.

I checked out s7 airlines, but they do not fly to Cheboksary.
March 20, 2010 06:57PM
see also
[www.regionavia.ru] (start one way 2000.-) from Moscow
2 flights weekly from Moscow DOMODEDOVO AIRPORT

[www.rusline.aero] (in russian, try Google translation)
4 flights weekly from Moscow VNUKOVO AIRPORT

Roland
April 04, 2010 11:09PM
y8tiger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> diablogun Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Do you know when there is a flight from Moscow
> to
> > Cheboksary, on what airline, and how much it
> > usually is?
>
>
> We had a relative obtain tickets at a special
> tariff (discount) before we arrived so we only
> paid 1600 RUB per ticket. On the return trip we
> took a two bed compartment on the overnight
> Chuvashia train for the same price instead. Here
> is the UTair schedule:
>
> UTair Timetable

very good cost
April 05, 2010 01:13AM
post new schedule please
May 20, 2010 01:54AM
On my trip in April to Cheboksary, I used both the flight with RegionAir and the overnight train.
For me, there is nothing better then the flight with RegionAir.

At this moment, they fly 2 times per week, during the summer period, they will have an almost daily flight between the 2 cities.

Also, what I have heard from RegionAir, is that from October, they will have an internet booking capability.
With this, it is not needed for someone to buy your tickets locally and send them to you.

When booked in advance, the tickets are cheap (as from 2500 rubles).
That, combined with some nice offers from AirBerlin from Dusseldorf, it is really good to go to Cheboksary..
And especially for me, to see my girlfriend again.
April 19, 2012 02:59AM
In such case in which the y8tiger user was previously the best and worthy solution is that you must search and check for new cheapest air tickets for you. In such case when you have no option to take a flight then only cheap tickets of airline service will help you to save the time along with money.
You should get them with before they all are book.
August 31, 2012 02:51AM
you contact to the travel agent to get information about the flight from Moscow to Cheboksary.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login