Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Return to cheboksaryrussia.net

Advanced
Cheboksary Chocolate
January 18, 2008 12:16PM
Any information about chocolate production and sale in Cheboksary?
banana party psychodelic smiley banana party spinning smiley sticking its tongue out banana party psychodelic smiley banana party spinning smiley sticking its tongue out banana party psychodelic smiley banana party spinning smiley sticking its tongue out banana party psychodelic smiley banana party
Re: Cheboksary Chocolate
January 18, 2008 12:37PM
Russian dark chocolate was excellent toothless smile I used to always buy two large gift boxes, one for my lady friend and one for myself grinning smiley

Brilliant smiley ensemble by the way!
January 18, 2008 12:49PM
Cheboksary has one of the most famous confectionary factories in Russia. Its name is 'Akkond'. It is possible to find their products almost anywhere in Russia, even there where I least expect to find their chocolates and sweets.
January 18, 2008 12:50PM
All the Russian chocolates and cakes were great, especially with Chai. I remember going to some stores that had bins with different types of individual wrapped chocolates and candies from the Chuvash region. You just fill up a bag with as many as you want. They also sell some from other regions here in America at the Russian Stores.
January 18, 2008 12:55PM
Yes, I saw Russian chocolate in Alaska.
January 18, 2008 01:01PM
Lemon,

Exactly what I was talking about, I just visited the Akkond website and those were the sweets I remember so well. I have even purchased those with the Swan on the wrapper in Alpharetta, GA and Bellingham, WA.
January 18, 2008 01:41PM
They had a kind of museum, but I don't remember if ordinary people can visit it.
January 19, 2008 09:10AM
They produce chocolate with this machine.
[attachment 467 26042007708.jpg]

[attachment 468 26042007709.jpg]
January 19, 2008 09:18AM
Everything looks so clean. This is a characteristic of Russian Society. Lemon, are there Health Department codes which these production facilities have to follow?
January 19, 2008 10:03AM
Unfortunately, cleanness is not a characteristic of Russian society nowadays. It used to be in Soviet epoch, but not now.
Certainly, all those production facilities follow special Health Department codes.
January 19, 2008 11:03AM
You always take such good pictures, Lemon. Never put yourself down and say you don't. Here in Miami Dade County we do have a Health department that conducts inspections of all types of eating and production facilities. However, there are always reports of some unsanitary conditions in upscale restaurants on the news from time to time. Here it might be rodents and roach problems. They shut these places down until they can prove there's no problem. I do admire how clean those machines look.
January 19, 2008 12:04PM
This machine looks clean because it was installed not long before I made a picture of it. They were testing it right at that time.
January 19, 2008 12:52PM
I have heard that russian fishing boats (trawlers) may look
rusty on the outside, but the machine room is clean as a
kitchen. or almost... sick with fever
Let's consider that russians are very smart and logic thinking
people. An owner of that chocolate factory would concern
about the reputation. Therefore a clean and healthy factory
is important for good sale of their confectionary. drinking smiley
psychodelic smiley
I haven eaten that chocolate, and did not get barf - constipated

love and hearts I love Cheboksary love and hearts
January 19, 2008 01:02PM
Well. I'll eat the chocolate straight out of that facility anytime. I trust that it was made in sanitary conditions. Somehow, when I was in Europe, I felt more vigor. I guess in most cases the food is much healthier. The air appeared to be fresher. I noticed a different lifestyle. I don't think heart disease and cancer are the number one causes of death in your country, Lemon. They are in the United States. I don't know if I'm wrong, but I don't think Vodka is as abused in Russia as some media make it out to be.
January 19, 2008 01:35PM
They are smart if they produce dark chocolate because it is healthy food. I feel guilty now because my money can cause some "sugar diseases" for some scammidents of Cheb/Yoshkar-Ola/Kazan. But, let's drink to it! smileys with beerlove and hearts
January 19, 2008 03:37PM
Heart diseases are among the main causes of death in Russia. Cancer also causes many deaths among our people.
Alcohol is abused in Russia not more than in other countries. It's an old stereotype that emerged a couple of centuries ago in the Western world. Since that time the anti-Russian politicians have been successfully propagandized it. As a result, many foreigners think now that an ordinary Russian man is a stupid slovenly alcoholicdrinking smiley wearing valenki or lapti. They say also that bears are walking in our streets.smiling bouncing smiley And many people really believe this nonsense.thumbs up Don't believe everything your mass media tell you about Russia.
In order to learn and understand a country, its people, culture, traditions and customs, one should get in touch with an unknown world himself. Thus, he/she will be able to make his/her own conclusions and decide what good and what bad is.
January 20, 2008 09:52AM
Dark chocolate is good for the human being because of the anti-oxidant extract that chocolate has in it. Straight chocolate causes the formation of immune boosting substances in the body which attack the free radicals that are produced by the cellular metabolism. The body does produce immunity against these radical substances but not enough to destroy the free radicals. That's why a human being's diet should include nutrients that combat these free radicals. The radicals are oxidants and can destroy the health functions of the cell. Vitamin E and Vitamin C are also great anti-oxidants to help boost the body's immune system. In the United States, milk is added to the chocolate as well as sugar. This weakens the effect of the anti-oxidants in the chocolate. That's why straight dark chocolate should be consumed to get the health benefits.
January 23, 2008 12:51PM
I don't know the time they work at. Ulitsa - Prospekt Lenina.
September 10, 2012 12:31AM
Cheboksary has one of the most popular confectionary industries in Russia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login