Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Return to cheboksaryrussia.net

Advanced
Re: For Real Cheboksary Tourism Questions
February 25, 2008 03:07AM
Hello Nagybudai and Everyone in Cheboksari,

I got to this site through a message and I found your postings very interesting to read.

Actually, I am the one that used to attend a college year in Chebok in 1978-79 (a long time agosmiling smiley sad smiley ) learning the Russian language from Hungary and still have very nice memories of the people and the place.

Unfortunately, I do not have too many photos of those experiences - and those are somewhere quite a distance from where I live now - but I will look for them and will scan and send them to you share with others.

Anyway, it is nice to hear from y8tiger... regards to you all anywhere in the world. I had wonderful experiences in Atlanta (Georgia, US) too in 2001 and 2006 - the Hungarian community is wonderful there.

And my best wishes to you, Nagybudai as your nick sounds very much Hungarian. Is it so? I would like to hear about your Hungarian and Cheboksary ties as this is what we can share, can't we?

My best wishes to the people in Cheboksary to where - I do hope- I can return on a visit in the near future. I am sure it will not disappoint me but, on the contrary, it will recall all my wonderful memories of my time as a student there.

Warm regards,
Maria
February 26, 2008 05:07PM
To Maria
I am totally Hungarian. My mother and father were born in Erdei. My father was born before World War I. My mother after. I have relatives in Szekelykerestur in Romania. I was born in the United States in the Midwest. Detroit, Michigan. I've lived in the Miami area since 1959. I went to high school, college, and professional school in Miami. I know how to speak Hungarian but English is my main language. I am very American but I am proud of my European roots. I have never been to Cheboksary but was led to this site when I did a little investigation about scams. I find the site and members postings refreshing. My full name is Peter Nagy. I'm proud of it. I encourage all people to be proud of their name and heritage. I like to get information about Cheboksary because in early 2007 I became interested in Russian cultures and norms. I was contacted by a Russian woman who actually just wanted me to send her money and disappear. I never sent her any money. But this did not sour my feelings about Russians. I studied about Russia in high school and learned interesting facts about it's 20th century history. I have been to Budapest once. In June of 1991. Unfortunately I never had an opportunity to do a return visit but that will come someday.I don't want to take up space on this forum to talk about non related things. I'd be happy to tell you more on my email nagybudai@yahoo.com, please contact me there.
March 01, 2008 08:40AM
djoeye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For Real Cheboksary Tourism Questions
> ? When a russian wants to go abroad.... ?
>
> First, he/she needs an international passport.
> I have heard RF int. passport costs 400 rubles
> and it takes 4-6 months to get it.
> ?
smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley
It takes not more than a month.

> Second, probably he/she needs also visum.
> (I can use a travel agency in Norway close to
> the russian consulate when I want tourist visum
> to Russia, they get invitations and everything)
> Does he/she absolutely have to travel in person
> to Moskva (Moscow) and meet at the embassy
> of that foreign country?
> I guess the travel agencies have a routine for
> helping out on that much easier.
>
Everything depends on every country's regulations. In order to get American or British visa Russian citizens are to visit the embassies and answer different idiotic questions of the embassy officers.

> If it is a private visit, not tourism, it is
> maybe
> a little more difficult
> ?
Probably.

> Train ticket Cheb - Moskva - about 800 rubles?
> And Moskva - Cheb the same, or discount
> when purchasing as tour/retour ticket?

No discounts.

www.rzd.ru
March 03, 2008 08:10AM
The price for international passport is about 500-600 R.
I don't know what the price for 4 photos in Cheboksary now is. It is definitely more than 100 R.
The cheapest ticket to Cheboksary costs ~700-800 R.
March 07, 2008 09:22AM
800 Roubles equals about USD 34. That's pretty cheap in US dollars. This would equal 170 Norwegian Kroners. I know the dollar is a little weak but I can see the strength it might have as compared to other currencies. Of course the Euro is much stronger. This would be 22 Euros. Currency conversion is pretty interesting. I've never gauged the feeling about the dollar in Europe but I know there's a lot of respect for the Euro.
July 01, 2008 04:12PM
Dear y8tiger and Deux,

I'm a half tourist and half business carrier here in cheboksary, which your friend in this forum called me scammers for a fool!
So please as i asked in my page! i would like to know about you more and also about your city! and i would like to meet you in person! to have a coffee or something and talk about your city!
I asked about some friendship and to have good moments in this forum but it seems to me your friend are so envious or something more that be useful and help me!
So if you understand at least please write for me and let us meet in person!

Wish you the best,
Michael

[attachment 883 DSC00159.jpg]
February 28, 2009 12:03PM
I cannot find hotel information. Names and phone numbers would be appreciated. Comments about quality - i.e. safety, cleanliness, possibility of non-smoking rooms, etc. I plan a quick trip there from Moscow over the March 8th holiday weekend.
March 01, 2009 05:25AM
Don't have the numbers of the hotels to hand. But you can check them out here. [english.vcheboksari.ru] or Google Гостиницы Чебоксар (Hotels Cheboksary)
The Chuvashia is right in the centre of town - its been renovated and looks OK . I presume its open now. The Diss and Rossiya are both a short taxi ride outside the centre, near the Megamall. Both are large, fairly modern and very clean. The Diss is more expensive of the two and has quite a nice Irish pub downstairs. The Rossiya is pretty soviet but cheap, get a superior room on the top floor. I don' know about non smoking rooms, you will have to ask them. Compared to Moscow, London and, NYC, Cheb is safe. You can fly, takes about 1 hour or take the express train from the Kazanski station. Its exactly 12 hours overnight. . Its not a great time of the year, Cheb is nicer in the summer when its hot, but the Beer Museum is open. I presume you speak a bit of Russian, or it can be difficult, but not impossible. Удачи!
March 03, 2009 01:30AM
I think it would be interesting to stay in the Chuvashia Sanatorium I stayed in a Sanatorium on Lake Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyzstan years ago and found it to be a very nice experience.

Here are some other ideas from the Chamber of commerce and industry of the Chuvash Republic site: Tourism
June 21, 2009 12:23PM
No way is J_Rasp translating Tigger (anyway he will tell us himself )
I have learned a lot by talking to Russian scammers ,they alone have inadvertently made me become interested in other aspects of Russia over a period of years .

Incidentally I have a feeling it is impossible to discuss Russia without discussing Russian women, so for those who praised Graham for ending the scam help forum I ask... where are those people now ?
October 16, 2009 03:38PM
No person speaks Russian AND Persian and visits India every year but me. The journey from Shanghai to Moscow gets easier every year, and the stop in Cheboksary was just like Amsterdam, and just like here. Not even sure of the way back, even though I know the place like the back of my hand. I once met Mohamed on a subway and "to ha'aje" he said, "it doesn't matter which way you go, but go you must." Even going with someone though, you go alone, and maybe arrive there together, maybe not on the same day, maybe never depending on the place, but eventually you will meet again, and again, maybe here and maybe somewhere else, after a journey...but never in a way that you expect, always like a bird without a nest.
July 05, 2011 10:15PM
I am are new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself .. I decided to enroll after a while 'I was reading the forum and all the good advice ..approaching the summer and I decided to get back a bit 'in the form .. I do sports (tennis and running) and I always tend to control what I eat, with ups and downs! I then discuss some interesting 'tricks and tips for proper nutrition ..I guess we will be fine!Good afternoon everyone!
June 26, 2013 01:20AM
end of the cold winter you can warm up in the Beer Museum!grinning smiley

Click here to login