Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Return to cheboksaryrussia.net

Advanced
For Real Cheboksary Tourism Questions
January 20, 2007 06:34AM
Noticed most of the posts here end up turning into discussions about Mail Order Brides and Scammers.eye rolling smiley

Some people on this forum are actually interested in talking about the city and what there is to see and do. Cheboksary is a very scenic city to visit, and with EuroSport coming in 2008 there should be an increase of tourists. I thoroughly loved my vist there and I am sure others will as well.

So if anyone has questions about visiting the beautiful Capital of Chuvashia, Natalia and I will be more then glad to answer here.
Re: For Real Cheboksary Tourism Questions
January 24, 2007 05:22PM
I add my opinion to that topic, I live in Cheboksary, and can help you, if you need info, etc...

deux17@mail.ru
Pavel
November 24, 2007 01:44AM
I enjoyed Lama and Lama No. 2 Restaurants in Cheboksary. There were some other nice restaurants whose names escape me for the moment.

It would be really cool if Graham added a Restaurant Page, a Night Life Page, and a Shopping Page to better facilitate Cheboksary Tourism information.
November 24, 2007 06:44AM
Good idee. I was looking for a place to eat in October, near past the main Post building but it was closed so with no time and getting late we only found this Cafe. Very clean but not much food, but my friend was nervous of the group of men sitting at the next table, who kept staring to our direction. She was happy to leave, nothing happened but sometimes a foreigner attracts this attention in Russia.So a restaurant guide with personal experiences is good. I can make contribution too here
Also I would like also to see the links to the airlines, that fly to Cheboksary. S7 (Siberia) fly regular to Kazan services but I prefer to go to Cheboksary but not easy to locate departure information. Also Grham I think the information on the site needs refreshment. cheers
November 24, 2007 07:05AM
I can be short about the airlines. There is only one aircompany that offers passenger flights to Cheboksary. It's Orenburg Airlines, the flight leaves daily at 21:40 from Moscow Vnukovo. Duration is about 60 minutes. From the airport in Cheboksary is about 10-15 minutes drive to every destination in the city. The return flight from Cheb to Moscow leaves daily at 07:40. Because it's such a short flight the stewardesses really have to hurry to hand out everybody's breakfast grinning smiley
November 24, 2007 11:30AM
I think it's great to share tourism questions about Cheboksary. It helps clear up misconceptions people may have about traveling there. The funny part is that I would not have heard of Cheboksary if a woman, claiming to be from there, had not contacted me. Russia is such a big land mass that I couldn't imagine how many cities make up the country. While I was growing up and attending school in Miami, it was mandatory to learn about Russian History and the evolution of the population there. I learned general things but nothing specific about city geography. There's a large Russian community in Miami but I was never able to get much information about Russia. To Graham: there's a city called Wellington in Florida. It's in Palm Beach County. I know a woman called Beth Wellington. You're probably not related to her. I find the forum interesting. This helps me open my knowledge horizons.
November 24, 2007 12:21PM
What are you served for breakfast on the Moscow > Cheboksary flight? I'm shocked, cause on domestic flights here in the states you won't even get a pack of peanuts!
November 24, 2007 04:33PM
I guess it was a typical airplane breakfast with the expected Russian accents. As usual in airplanes you get a plastic box. It contained a little white cottagebread and a small slice of darker bread that tasted a little like black bread. There were slices of cheese and meat and also jam and cheese spread. Tea or juice was off course also served. The quality was good, but it felt a little out of balance: too much cheese and meat for too little bread grinning smiley
November 24, 2007 05:42PM
Sounds just like the same breakfast served on the Moscow > Nizhniy Novgorod flight. winking smiley
November 27, 2007 12:36AM
The nicest restaurant we dined at in Cheboksary was called Na Arbate and it also had a great Night Life. Speaking of Night Clubs, we visited a club called Fabrika on the waterfront, It was a very large club, but the crowd was too young for us. From there, we went nearby to a very nice club called Nostalgie and had a great evening with people more of our own age group. Large amounts of chilled vodka went down like water that night! smileys with beer
November 27, 2007 11:17AM
Hi

I am travelling to Cheboksary for new year with my Chuvash wife, can you guys recommend any really good restaurants and nightclubs as wew want to bring her sister who still lives there out for a big night, no expense spared (within reason of course!)

Thanks, love the site
November 28, 2007 02:23PM
You don't have Lama and Lama No. 2 on your little list of
restaurants in Cheboksary either...winking smiley
November 29, 2007 07:35PM
I heard of Lama at Ulitsa Gagarina 14 and my wife went there. I went to the Lama at Grazhdanskaya 40A and Lama 2's building was designed to look like a hat, but I do not remember the street address. They were all proper sit down restaurants. As you have seen, you can't tell from a list on the internet, you need personal recommendations and experiences.
November 30, 2007 05:19PM
thumbs downI heard that Lama was a chain in Cheboksary. At Lama at Grazhdanskaya 40A - we ordered our food and paid at the cashier, then a waitress brought the food to our table once it was prepared. At Lama No. 2 - a waitress brought us the menu and food to our table. At Na Arbate - a waitress brought us the menu and food to our table.

Spartak - had Aquarium Booths that looked cool and provided privacy. It was also a popular Night Club. If they hadn't ripped us off so bad, we might have gone back. thumbs up
December 16, 2007 10:07AM
Hallo, I will visit Cheboksary for New Years.

If some person is routing via UK London airports at this time check good that there not on strike. I read in Google News Virgin, also LHR, Gatwick & Manchester ground personnel will make a strike on New Years. Assholes.

So this time I take Lufthansa via Frankfurt, overnight to Kazan. Scheduled arrival at Kazan 0520! Shit, this is to early, then I must find a taxi to Cheboksary. How much must I pay? I think maybe 4000 Rb? Please advise me.

I will go maybe to Akatuj, or Buket Chuvashii or Na Arbate restaurant with my friends to give a thank you to them, if I am sober from New Years fest. I will tell you my experiences. I hope also soon to tell the visa experience of my friend to visit me. Now we wait since November 6 and must send more dokuments. Kashmar! drinking smiley
December 16, 2007 01:58PM
I would catch a GAZelle at the bus station from Kazan to Cheboksary, it will definitely be much cheaper than a Taxi! I know the bus station runs that early. You can't go wrong at Na Arbate restaurant.thumbs down
December 17, 2007 04:40PM
Hallo, these guys drive too crazy for me. I know its is more expensive if I am driving to Cheboksary by taxi but I can invite the driver to slowdown with the promise of no tip at the destination. This route is terror road in summer, in -20 degrees it is real scary.
Djoeye that is real nice picture from Kazan Kreml. I have crossed this road. There is first class 5 star hotel near called Mirage and also on the river just to left of this foto you find the Paris restaurant on the waterfront. I have eaten a 3 courses meal here for $13. The meat was I think Horse, but the waiteress was a beautiful blackhaired Tatarish moslem girl who speak better English than I, also is computer programing. I try to pick her up in bad Russian, she say no way in clear English. Crazy. Cheers
December 18, 2007 08:21AM
I know that going from Cheboksary - Yadrin with GAZelle costs 70 Ryb and Cheboksary - Yalchiki costs 90 Ryb.
December 18, 2007 08:28PM
Actually My experience is from May 2006 and my Mother-in-Law has just informed me that they have just recently raised the price on GAZelle from Cheboksary - Yadrin to 96 Ryb. One US Dollar more, Talk about inflation! She also says prices have recently risen on many things in the Region.
December 20, 2007 01:55AM
I agree - Chuvash chocolate and other confectionaries taste great. The local cakes and pastries are delicious as well. All of which goes well with Russian Tea.

I also enjoy drinking local Chuvash Baizam, Beer, Kuvas, Tarhoon, and Vodka. All of which the Republic is famous for.

I won't even mention all the delectable foods, my lovely Chuvash wife spoils me all the time and there is too much to list.
December 21, 2007 05:39PM
OK, let it be so!smileys with beer
December 24, 2007 04:13AM
Quote: ". I already get confirmation with SMS from
the Taxi company that they can collect me from Kazan airport!
Cheboksary is joining fast the communications revolution.
They want 3500py6. I think it not so bad price for
this 4 hours road trip in wintertime."
_

Ouch! I guess if you are willing to spend that much for a taxi. Sounds about right for what they always try to charge foreigners!

I was fortunate to go with my wife and learn the fine art of negotiating prices with taxis. There is always another one that will do it for much less. I recommended GAZelle because you do not have to negotiate and the price is set much cheaper. Though, I understand you probably feel much better with a reservation for the taxi that will get you there safe and sound. Good Journey!
December 24, 2007 02:32PM
djoeye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess Cheboksary joined modern communications
> five or
> more years ago. smileys with beer

Cheboksary joined the modern communications many decades ago.winking smiley

y8tiger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds about right for what they always try to charge foreigners!

Almost all the foreigners think so! All those taxi-drivers see no difference between foreign and local people. They just want to get as much money as possible from anybody.
December 27, 2007 02:37PM
I am sure there is no any Gazelle that goes from the Kazan airport to Cheboksary.
December 31, 2007 10:25AM
Hallo, hier I repeat the posting I have put also in the Winter questions, for information.
hallo friends. I am in cheb and writing on blackberry. not so quick. it is quite cold but not very. so about minus 12 grad. we were welcomed yesteray at Diss hotel restaurant cqalled Molly Malone. very good meal. about dollars 25 per persons with much wine and vodkas. also we visit to the little beer museum for lunch. very attractive folkloric place. food cheap and I like it ok. not expensive. nothing here expensive. also taxi from kazan airport 3 hours. road is good only toilets disgusting. it cost me 3800rub. but I fiound one old man in a Volga who say 1800 but am not so sure he will arrive so I must declined him. funny. live is very normal in cheb. not so much snow bd the mega mall is full with shoppers looking for new year bargain . my only advise if you are hier is you must speak a little little bit of russian. no person speaks german or englsih even if they say they have learned many years in school. I wish you a s'novim godom. happy new years fromcheboksary. PS. maybe we go to Wolga tomorrow to ice fish thro a hole!
December 31, 2007 11:43AM
Have you been to the Volga River already?
January 02, 2008 12:47AM
smileys with beer Ah yes, Beer tasting at the Beer Museum...fond memories. They know how to make great beer! I also went next door to the cool little souvenir shop and the large Chuvash National Museum. There was so much to see and do in that area.

I heard all the complaints about 'The Mother of all the Chuvash' Statue, but from a Sailor's point of view I thought it interesting how the Statue welcomes ships on the Volga to Cheboksary.
January 14, 2008 08:48AM
The Beer Museum is there! There is also a Museum of Local Lore, History and Economy in this street.
January 14, 2008 10:14AM
When will snow and ice start melting in Cheboksary? It is tough for the people that do not know how to ski or skate to go there before the end of bitterly cold winter!
January 14, 2008 03:26PM
Snow and ice begin melting usually in the middle of March. Before the end of the cold winter you can warm up in the Beer Museum!grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login